Our Practice Areas
Our Areas of Legal Expertise
We offer a wide range of legal services. If you need further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Civil / Human Rights
ZLG is committed to justice for all people and our firm serves as a voice for victims of discrimination, abuse of power and negligence. We represent the disenfranchised and those at the margins of society by giving them access to quality legal representation against government entities and large corporations. Our mission is to give everyone access to justice, including representation with police misconduct and discrimination cases, wrongful convictions, and indigenous people’s rights. Our team of attorneys walk with our clients and work vigorously to hold liable parties accountable and ensure that victims receive fair and full financial recovery.
ZLG has achieved notable settlements and verdicts in cases involving:
- Police Misconduct, including excessive force
- Wrongful Convictions, including habeas petitions
- Discrimination, including employment racial/ethnic discrimination
- Indigenous People’s rights, including counsel involving the UN
Many businesses and organizations rely upon outside counsel to act as their general counsel. ZLG routinely serves as outside general counsel for nonprofit organizations and business throughout California. Working closely with our clients, we gain an in-depth understanding of their organization activities and objectives. Because of this, we are able to provide focused, client-centered, and cost-effective advice and counsel on legal issues confronting clients on a daily basis. Acting as strategic advisors to our clients, we work swiftly and effectively to identify and develop the best team and implement the right solutions and resolve the matter at hand with an eye toward the future. We understand our client’s operations, past history, and future goals when acting as outside general counsel, and we provide efficient, thoughtful, and innovative solutions to our client’s related legal issues.
As outside general counsel, we have coordinated and oversaw:
- Corporate governance, board resolutions, directors meetings, and minutes for nonprofit organizations involved in criminal justice reform and human rights advocacy
- Litigation, risk management and commercial leasing for clients in various industries, including charter schools and small business owners
- Employment matters, including hiring, retention, termination and employee handbooks for small and medium-sized organizations and business